Submit a Service Request


On November 2, 2020, UBC Facilities replaces PeopleSoft with Planon for managing UBC’s maintenance activities, inventory and assets (building and grounds assets which require maintenance). The introduction of Planon is an exciting milestone at UBC following a 2-year journey including evaluation, selection, design, configuration, testing and implementation.

>> Submit your service request online here <<

How to access Planon and submit a service request

Faculty and staff, including building administrators, can submit service requests to Building Operations via Planon. The Building Operations team manages service requests through Planon and requests submitted by customers can be monitored through Planon My Requests.

To submit a service request online, you will need to have a CWL account and Service Requestor access in Planon. To request for access to Planon, submit a ticket to the UBC IT Self-Service Portal.

For building-related emergencies, such as floods, large leaks and blackouts, anyone can call the Building Operations Service Centre at 604.822.2173.

The online system is easy to use — training is offered via Canvas on  the Workplace Learning Ecosystem (WPL).

How do I find out the status of my request?

The customer service representative responding to your call will attempt to contact you to advise on the status of the work (i.e. complete, in progress, or awaiting parts). If you submitted your request through Planon, you can check the status by viewing Planon My Requests. For concerns with the progress or quality of the work, please contact your Facilities Manager.


For students and/or visitors, please tweet us or  email us with the location and issue—and we’ll get it fixed.