UBC 24/7 custodial care
Custodial Services is responsible for the custodial care of UBC buildings. Our custodial team provides cleaning services and locking and unlocking of exterior doors, as well as set up for University functions and events including final exams and Congregation ceremonies.
Our team operates 24/7 with staff working days, afternoon, nights and weekend shifts.
Our vision is to be a high performance team of empowered facilities professionals, dedicated to service excellence, recognized widely for leadership in sustainable facilities stewardship, and integral to the success of the University of British Columbia as it aspires to be one of the world’s best universities.
Services we provide include:
- custodial cleaning of all offices, classrooms, labs, and common areas
- waste removal from buildings. For more information, see UBC Waste Management Recycling Programs
- recycling and pop / can bins
- pest control and monitoring
- locking and unlocking of exterior doors
- respond to emergencies, such as floods and plugged toilets
- cleaning restricted areas upon request
Fee for service
Services we provide on request (fee for service):
- special project / event cleaning such as exams, graduation, weddings, movie shoots, etc.
- renovation / construction cleaning
- interior and exterior window cleaning
- window blind cleaning
- carpet and furniture cleaning
- set up and break down during events
- table and chair delivery
Custodial Services tasks and schedules are based on standards set by The Association of Higher Education Facilities Officers (APPA).
For more information, see our Service Standards.
Cleaning deposits required for social parties and events
Deposits are required for social parties and events. For more information, see Cleaning Expectations After Social Parties and Events.